PocketXpdf is a no-frills viewer for native PDF files for the
PC platform. The rendering engine is a port of Xpdf. PocketXpdf has been tested on an ASUS MyPal running Windows
Mobile 2003 and on a Dell Axim X51v running Windows Mobile 5. It has
not been tested on earlier versions, so it
cannot be guaranteed that it will work on these systems. The
Screenshots on this page are taken from the Windows
Mobile 2003 SE and Windows Mobile 5 emulators provided with
Known bugs and limitations
- Zooming in too far will make the program run out of memory and cancel the zooming.
- Some PDF files may crash the program. Please report!
- No support for non-western character encodings.
- No support for PocketPC 2002 or older Smartphone editions.
- Download the CAB file below, copy it to your device, and run it. PocketXpdf installs automatically.
- Download the ZIP file below, unpack it and copy the
resulting files anywhere on your device.
The included fonts are a subset of
- If you like, you can create a shortcut to the PocketXpdf executable in your
\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder for easier access.
Source code and CVS
Source code of stable versions can be found at the Sourceforge
download page. Current development versions are provided via CVS.
- Bookmarks, manually defined or automatic for recently used files
- More flexible button mapping
- The following page is pre-rendered in the background while viewing a page
- Doubleclick in the outline view opens the respective page
- "Blank pages" after returning from standby should no longer occur
- Opening PDF files via file explorer or in email attachments now works even if PocketXpdf is running in the background
- CAB file installation to memory card is now possible
- CAB-file for automatic installation
- Support for password-protected PDFs
- New zoom tool - drag a rectangle around the area to zoom
- Text search
- Outline view (for PDFs that support it)
- Improved scrolling (including optional page change)
- Reduced size of the binary (UPX-compression)
- Removed flickering when scrolling
- Enabled file association for email attachments
- More graceful handling when out of memory ;-)
- Fonts may be placed in the application directory and are
included in the main download package
- Minor bug fixes
- Optional full screen mode
- Rotate page ("landscape")
- Text-only view (great for low res displays)
- Optional scroll bars
- Wait message during rendering
PocketXpdf is licensed under the GPL.
Source code is
Please send bug reports, feature wishes, and questions to email@example.com
or use the forums and trackers on the PocketXpdf Project
© 2005-2006 by Sebastian Eifert (Impressum)